Friday 8 March 2013

15:26

9 °C|°F
Precipitation: 60%
Humidity: 100%
Wind: 4mph
Light rain




It has always been hard for me to leave.

After many years of traveling and making choices and paths, I am still in need to master the art of separation. I get easily attached to things, or people, or places. It is both a good and bad thing. But I never get that kind of attachment if there is no proper connection and spark of inspiration. These are the things needed to establish a pact. It is a bond that stays even though sometimes parting is expected and is bound to happen.

Today I am leaving London to go back to my home city. I know it will be just for a while as I am coming back, but the thought of missing the early days of spring is definitely gonna be missed. I would not see the city coming to life again after the winter. I would not see if the gray skies of London can actually stay blue for a whole day.

Don't you just wish sometimes to experience al the great yet simple things there is on earth? And if there is something at all on earth that you want to experience over and over again what would it be?

I have always been fascinated with sunsets. Even at a young age, I would climb to our roof just to get a glimpse of the sun setting. And I continued doing that even if I moved to the city. Right now, a sunset would be perfect. Not only it connotes a message of parting, but it as well promises that it would come back the next day, brighter or maybe even prettier.

I know someone who also loves watching the sunset. He loves it so much he saw it forty four times in one day!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Chapter 6

Oh Little Prince! Bit by bit I am able to understand the secrets of your sad little life....
For a long time you had found your little entertainment in the quiet pleasure of looking at the sunset. I learned that new detail on the morning of the fourth day when you said to me:

"I am very fond of sunsets. Come, let us go and look at a sunset now."

"But we must wait," I said.

"Wait for what?"

"For the sunset. We must wait until it is time."

At first you seemed to be very much surprised. And then you laughed to yourself. And said to me" 

"I am always thinking that I am home!" 

Just so. Everybody knows that when it is noon in the United States the sun is setting over France.

If you could fly to France in one minute, you could go straight into the sunset, right from noon. Unfortunately, France is too far for that. But on your tiny planet, my little prince, all you need to do is move your chair a few steps. You can see the day end and the twilight falling whenever you like...

"One day," you said to me, "I saw the sunset forty four times!"

And a little later you added,

"You know, one loves the sunset---when one is so sad..."

"Were you so sad, then," I asked, "on the day of the forty-four sunsets?"

But the little prince made no reply. 


No comments:

Post a Comment