Wednesday 2 October 2013

1:51


1:51 AM

Thursday
26 ˚C⎜˚F
Light rain
Precipitation: 10%
Humidity: 100%
Wind: 8km/h


Dexter:
Suppose you kept going another 18 billion light years, what if there's nothing out there? Suppose you kept going another trillion times further, so far out you see nothing. The light from the universe would be fainter than the faintest star. Infinitely cold. Infinitely dark. Sometimes if I wake up and it's dark, I get really scared, like I'm out there and I'm never coming back. 


 Eric: 
Here, hold onto this when you sleep. And if you wake up and you're scared, you'll say, 'Wait a minute. I'm holding Eric's shoe. Why the hell would I be holding some smelly basketball shoe a trillion light years from the universe? I must be here on earth, safe in my sleeping bag, and Eric must be close by.



The Cure, 1995

No comments:

Post a Comment