Thursday 21 February 2013

01:48

1 °C|°F
Precipitation: 0%
Humidity: 56%
Wind: 9 mph




Silence gives me the ability to ponder on some things that are usually hidden by the everyday noise of the city.

Today, London granted me the chance to look back and remember where I came from.

From the time when I finally decided that I would ran away from home to fulfill a dream in the city, to a not so distant memory of friends' laughter and company. My life is an adventure in progress. I am in constant discovery everytime that I open my eyes to greet a new day.

I just graduated in college when I realized that life in the province was not the future that I am aiming for. Although I'm in love with the energy of nature, the hills, the brooks, the clear night sky illuminated by constellations and stars, and volcano (we live on the foot of a volcano), the calling of the city proved to be hard for me to resist. I have a very carefree spirit. Although people would see me as a quiet, wallflower type of a person, my heart is actually full of courage and the need to discover new things. I love learning things, seeing things, and listening to stories that cannot be found in the pages of books. My appetite for life is insatiable. But amidst those words, I remain very discreet about the yearnings of my soul. Growing up, I had the impression that dreams are just concepts conjured by an utopian mind.

A lot of times, specially back in the province where I grew up, travelling is just a dream. Being in a city like London or even in Manila is already considered a dream come true. It is both considered as an accomplishment and a blessing. For a lot of people  in our small town who heard about my sudden decision to elope with my dreams, my bold move was a curse. I heard soon after I left that people were disappointed by me, leaving my family like that and deciding to make such a bold decision. For a long time I felt that I made a wrong decision, but after a while i realized that I did not make that decision solely for myself. I understood that my life is also the life of other people connected to me. That if I stayed and didn't take that bus, fate would be interrupted and a dream waiting to be realized wouldn't come true. Now, in my heart, and I hope other people with souls speaking the same language of fate would understand, that there is nothing in this world that can be lonelier than the event of watching a dream slipping away.

Outside the window, the wind is freezing cold as it blows against brick walls, concrete pavements, and steel lamp posts. The temperature really cold, that you can almost see the dead branches of trees shivering. Everyday, before we sleep a dream is bound to start. But once we wake up in the morning, that is the time and our only chance to make that dream into a reality.

1 comment:

  1. wow. u deserve everything that's good in your life right now. congrats.

    ReplyDelete