Tuesday 19 February 2013

1:53

2 °C|°F
Precipitation: 0%
Humidity: 100%
Wind: 8 mph



Some of you are aware that I used to write a lot.

Everyday before I go to bed, I make sure that I leave a short poem for my friends on Facebook. But that stopped when I started running around trying to find something new that would excite me. Boredom kills me. I cannot be contained. It's true, sometimes I run away whenever I feel like everything seems to be too much for me. Back in the province I would sneak and climb our roof. I spent hours there writing and dreaming while I stare at the night sky. 

The kind of life that the city offered me is nothing but enlightening. It exposed me to the kind of knowledge that I have now. But although I was inspired by these places visually and mentally, it's always a simple haven like a tin rooftop that strengthened and taught my heart to dream and search for my destiny.

I try my best all the time to hold on to the kind of person that I used to be. And although sometimes without our knowledge, we are drifting from the simple yet good things that actually brought us to where we are right now, it is easy to go back by the simple way of remembering. 

I was reading a while ago from a pile of poems that I wrote before and I want to share this one again. This piece inspired me again not just to write but to dream and think of greater things. I guess when a moment so strong to avoid comes into your life, you should grab it and fall in love with it. Because it gives us the gravity that we need to find our own personal legend. 


I watched you finish a stick of cigarette
From the corner of my eye, I saw you puff
The smoke covering your face
Your hair, gray, under its illusion
Words failed to cross
they faded in the still air
Like the tobacco, turning to ash,
dark and then gone into the soil
This could be you leaving
Like the nicotine
tiny bits of you
into my own wind
you will again settle
like the invisible sediments
in my cup of water


8:16

No comments:

Post a Comment